Corporate Retirement Plans & IRAs
Retirement plans offer many attractive benefits to employers by helping to retain experienced employees, attract qualified applicants and provide tax benefits through the deductibility of employer contributions. Whatever the size of your company, we can create a retirement plan having the features, benefits and flexibility best suited to your business. Our experienced team will provide professional management and advice to ensure the plan’s assets are invested prudently and administered affordably, offering your employees comprehensive services they won’t find at other providers.
We service a variety of corporate retirement plans, including:
- Safe-Harbor 401(k) / Profit Sharing
- Profit Sharing
- New Comparability Profit Sharing
- Age-Weighted Profit Sharing
- Money Purchase
- New Comparability Money Purchase
- 403(b) Tax-Deferred Annuity
- Defined Benefit
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
Individual Retirement Plans
Whether you are opening your first retirement account, making an annual contribution, transferring or converting an existing account or rolling over an employer-sponsored retirement plan, our investment staff will work with you to develop your individual financial goals now. That way, you and your family can look forward to a brighter, more secure future. At Commonwealth Bank & Trust, we provide the highest level of service and accessibility, from our dedicated investment team to secure online account access and detailed quarterly statements.
There are two main types of individual retirement plans. Our investment team will help you select the plan that’s right for you:
Traditional IRAs offer:
- Independence – You may fund your IRA at any time without employer participation.
- Immediate tax benefits – Contributions may be tax-deductible and earnings are tax-deferred until withdrawal.
- Accessibility – Your funds are always available to you, something not generally true of employer plans.
- Flexibility – You may contribute as little or as much as you like each year, as allowed by law.
Roth IRAs offer:
- The ability to invest your after-tax dollars today, let the investment grow tax-deferred and withdraw your principal and earnings tax-free after five years and age 59.
- Tax-free withdrawals that may be allowed if you become disabled or are a first-time homebuyer.
- Contributions that are nondeductible and taxed in the year they are earned. Those who expect to be in a higher tax bracket when they retire may benefit greatly from a Roth IRA
- Minimum distributions that are not required at age 70.
Contributions may continue to be made after age 70. Accounts can be established through either the rollover of a distribution from a qualified retirement plan, such as a pension, profit sharing plan or 401(k) or through Annual contributions from earned income in amounts that are within prescribed limits. Contributions may or may not be tax deductible depending on your specific situation and the type of IRA to which you contribute.
Our investment staff will work with you to develop your individual financial goals now, so you can look forward to a brighter, more secure future. Whether you are opening your first retirement account, making an annual contribution, transferring or converting an existing account or rolling over an employer-sponsored retirement plan, we have a number of solutions to meet your particular retirement situation.
Not FDIC Insured. Investments Not Guaranteed. Investments May Lose Value. Fees may apply for services. Consult your tax attorney or CPA for details on tax benefits.