Search and apply for career opportunities here!
Commonwealth Bank & Trust looks for new employees who share our commitment to the highest level of banking and customer service. We foster a team-oriented atmosphere with a customer focus. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for any of these open positions, please e-mail your resume to HR@cbandt.com*.
*This e-mail is not secure. Please do not send any confidential information including, but not limited to, your social security number.
Mortgage Post Closing / Shipping Clerk
We currently have an opening for a Loan Post Closing/Shipping Clerk in our Mortgage Operations Department.
- Performs administrative duties including confirmation of receipt on all mortgage loans and updating loan data for entry into the financial institution’s computers and assembling documentation for residential loans including scanning all documents for future review of same
- Ensures that residential loan files contain documents with proper signatures, dates and other relevant data
- Assembles and verifies accuracy of mortgage loan documentation
- Checks documents for proper vesting, legal descriptions, closing dates and signatures
- Confirms appraisal and credit report fees are collected or expensed on all mortgage loan closings
- Performs MI, FHA, VA and RHS insurance requirements of payment and proper endorsements as applicable
- Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of departmental procedures. Uses office computers for data input and other activities including investor requirements for sale of mortgage loans as assigned by secondary marketing
- Provides sub-servicer documentation on all loans assigned
- Prepares investor documentation and tracking for all loans sold to investor or retained in banks portfolio
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of experience in an office environment
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or approved outside training program
- Good organizational, analytical and mathematical skills along with computer literacy and effective communication skills
- Good understanding of mortgage department policies and procedures along with a working knowledge of overall process of Mortgage Lending on the Secondary Market
We currently have an opening for a Mortgage Processor in our Mortgage Operations Area. This position obtains appropriate documentation to obtain final approval on all new mortgage loans. Assists and updates all parties with any questions involved with the transaction. Reviews files to ensure loan policies and regulatory compliance requirements are met. Responsible for ensuring a time process from application date to closing date.
- Review initial and revised loan disclosures for compliance and accuracy
- Review borrower documentation provided for accuracy and follow up with appropriate parties for additional information required
- Submit complete file to underwriting for final approval
- Prepare loan for closing and facilitate the closing date between all parties
- Interact with borrowers, originators, and other bank staff to expedite loan processing
- 1-3 years of experience in the mortgage industry
- High school education
- Knowledge of operational functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge
We currently have Full-Time and Part-Time Teller positions available. Responsibilities include cashing checks, processing customer deposits, processing loan payments, answering customer inquiries regarding their account(s), and other duties as assigned. The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Cash handling experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to promote and sell bank products
- Knowledge of and ability to work in Microsoft Windows environment and other specialized computer programs
- Good performance and attendance record in current position
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the positions listed above, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the positions listed above include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.