Search and apply for career opportunities here!
Commonwealth Bank & Trust looks for new employees who share our commitment to the highest level of banking and customer service. We foster a team-oriented atmosphere with a customer focus. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for any of these open positions, please e-mail your resume to HR@cbandt.com*.
*This e-mail is not secure. Please do not send any confidential information including, but not limited to, your social security number.
Chief Retail Officer
We currently have an opening for a Full-Time Chief Retail Officer in our Retail Division. Responsibilities for this position include maintaining responsibility for all aspects of the financial institutions retail branch network including implementation of strategies and establishment of goals to achieve growth, profit, operational efficiencies and customer service objectives that coincide with the banks overall direction.
Primary activities and responsibilities:
- Provides overall direction, guidance and support to branch management, branch staff, and fosters collaboration and partnerships with other bank partners.
- Aligns retail sales and referral strategy to impact bank balance sheet growth and income statement effectiveness.
- Monitors customer service through branch observation, training and coaching; monitors 360 system customer complaints to monitor responses and acts on any consistent issues.
- Develops long term strategic plans to increase account, deposit, fee, and loan growth.
- Advises and approves within authority any lending exceptions and assists with loan training and structuring of deals that align with the bank’s lending guidelines.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring of managers on running an efficient branch, leading and motivating their teams, coaching on the consultative sales and service programs and oversees managers regular coaching and mentoring of their direct reports to affect branch growth.
- Enforces and monitors compliance with all federal and state regulations that impact the retail division.
- Analyzes all levels of branch activity and provides related information and reporting to executive management and board personnel.
- Holds employees accountable to job requirements and is first contact for employee HR issues and corrective action.
- Works with business partners in the bank’s training programs and onboarding processes, and encourages and assists with employee career path and progression throughout retail and other areas of the bank.
- Works with business partners on product development and product enhancement, oversees rate pricing grids and recommends rate and product changes to Executive Management.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in banking, at least 5 of which must be in coordinating and managing a multi-branch network with demonstrated business development and sales management responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Strong administrative skills with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve targets / goals.
- Strong ability to coach and lead a large team through any change and in the overall bank’s direction.
- Must be an enthusiastic, positive leader and a productive team player.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision making skills.
- Ability to represent the financial institution professionally to outside and/or customer contacts.
We currently have Full-Time and Part-Time Teller positions available. Responsibilities include cashing checks, processing customer deposits, processing loan payments, answering customer inquiries regarding their account(s), and other duties as assigned. The qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Cash handling experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to promote and sell bank products
- Knowledge of and ability to work in Microsoft Windows environment and other specialized computer programs
- Good performance and attendance record in current position
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of these positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the positions listed above, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the positions listed above include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.