Due to the number of recent industry breaches, the Security Department at Commonwealth Bank & Trust Company encourages customers to change their passwords on systems containing confidential information, including your Internet Banking password. If you haven’t changed your passwords within the last couple weeks, please take the time to protect yourself. While we take many security precautions to help protect our customer’s confidential information, customers need to be vigilant in protecting their accounts.
Below are best practices when creating passwords on internet websites:
- Update your bank password every few months.
- Don’t choose a password that can easily be associated with you such as kids name, pet names, hobbies, etc.
- Use a mixture of unusual characters or a phrase that uses letters, numbers and special characters.
- Use a password that contains at least 8 characters.
- Use different passwords on different sites and systems.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 502.259.2000.